Antarktis med fly over Drakestrædet
Answer the call of Antarctica by flying over the notorious Drake Passage by charter plane to land at King George Island before exploring the Antarctic Peninsula by ship. In just 10 adventure-packed days, you’ll experience rewarding shore visits and Zodiac cruises, marvel at intimate wildlife encounters, explore historic sites and make the most of your landmark visit to the 7th Continent. Select from a range of adventure options and onboard activities that match your personal interests and make your expedition uniquely yours.
Punto Arenas Chile
Antal dage: 10 dg/9 nætter
Your adventure begins in Punta Arenas, Chile, the most populated city in southern Patagonia. If you arrive early, there are many museums, restaurants and shops to keep you busy for days. By early afternoon, a Quark Expeditions® representative will meet you at the official starting point hotel, where you’ll enjoy a welcome dinner and be briefed about preparing for your embarkation day.
Your charter flight from Punta Arenas to Antarctica will have you crossing the legendary Drake Passage in only two hours. Far below, the ship will approach King George Island for your arrival.
Your first glimpse of dramatic Antarctic landscapes will be from a unique perspective, as your plane descends for landing in the South Shetland Islands. After landing, make your way to the shore, before being transferred by Zodiac to your ship to set sail for the Antarctic Peninsula!
There are few places in the world as evocative as Antarctica. The White Continent is indescribable and can only be fully appreciated through your own eyes.
As your Captain and Expedition Team keep a lookout for whales and seabirds, you’ll be alerted to any new sightings. Our team of expert presenters will deepen your experience with explanations of the glaciology, history and wildlife of the region, and presentations on photography to help you take memory- catching images.
Even more exciting are your daily excursions. Your first Zodiac landing is something you’ll never forget! Walking on a shore dotted with penguins is the most intimate way to experience the unique wildlife of Antarctica.
Each landing is different and is dependent on weather, but every day presents new sightings and photo opportunities, and it won’t be long before you can tell the difference between Adélie, gentoo and chinstrap penguins.
You may take a Zodiac cruise in search of whales and icebergs one day, followed by a hike to a penguin rookery the next day. From the booming sound of a calving glacier to the thrill of spotting apex predators like leopard seals and orcas in action, you’ll wake up early and welcome each day with a sense of adventure and a desire to explore during this unrivaled travel experience.
Your Expedition Team will accompany you all along the way, providing insights into the places you visit.
After your week of exploration, you’ll say goodbye to your Expedition Team and disembark at King George Island. Your two-hour flight across the Drake Passage to Punta Arenas, Chile, brings your adventure to an end. After your group transfer to the hotel, you are free to explore and enjoy an evening on your own, in the city or at the hotel to reminisce about the sights and sounds of Antarctica.
After breakfast, you are welcome to continue on your own travels or make your way to the Punta Arenas airport for your homeward flights.
Kort over turen
Antarktis med fly over Drakestrædet
Send besked, eller kontakt Voya Travel på tlf. 33 34 33 33 for mere information & brochure
Datoer for ekspeditioner
På disse afgange er der op til 20 % rabat – kontakt os for nærmere information
2022: 5. & 10. december
2023: 3., 8. & 13. marts
2024: 25. januar & 3. marts
|Dec 5 – 12, 2022||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Dec 10 – 17, 2022||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Dec 15 – 22, 2022||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Dec 20 – 27, 2022||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Feb 8 – 15, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Feb 13 – 20, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Feb 22 – 29, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Feb 27 – 05 mar, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Mar 03 – 10, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Mar 08 – 15, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
|Mar 13 – 20, 2023||10 dage/9 nætter|
Pris fra kr. 90.000
Prisen inkluderer følgende:
- Flybilletter tur/retur Danmark – Punta Arenas t/r
- Turen som beskrevet i program*
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising as per the daily program
- All shore landings as per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Select beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- A group arrival transfer in Punta Arenas from airport to pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
- A briefing dinner on Day 1 in Punta Arenas
- A pre-expedition group transfer in Punta Arenas from the hotel to the airport
- Flights to and from King George Island
A post-expedition group transfer in Punta Arenas from the airport to the hotel
- One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas with breakfast
- Alle ekstras, skatter, havneafgifter
- Rejseplaner inden afrejse
- 24/7 service fra Voya Travel
- EU ansvarsforsikring, og Rejsegarantifond